Are you experiencing any of the following?
- Trouble logging into your account
- Webcam/black screen issues where others can't see you
- Able to login but unable to call out or receive calls
If so, there are many reasons why this may happen. But don't worry! We have troubleshooting tips that may help resolve your issue.
Different ways to check for firewall restrictions
If you are at a workplace or public location—for example: cafe, hospital, library— they may have set up firewall restrictions. This could be why you are unable to use Convo.
Things to check for:
- If you have a portable device (tablet, phone or laptop), check and see if it works outside of the workplace? If yes, you need updated firewall information from us.
- Are you able to use it with LTE instead of Wifi? If yes, you need updated firewall information from us.
- Dial 1234. Are you able to see yourself on the top right corner? If yes, then there is no firewall issue. If you are not able to see yourself, you need updated firewall information from us.
- Were you able to use Convo before at work but now cannot? Ask your IT/network person if firewall information has changed. If so, you need updated firewall information from us.
- Did you recently upgrade your Convo app? If so, we may have changed the platform that has completely different firewall ports.
"I need firewall information or more troubleshooting. How?"
You can start a live chat with us by going to our website and locating the green icon at the bottom-right.
Then click on the green icon to start a conversation!
Or if you prefer, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org instead.
When you email or start a live chat, let us know which device you are using Convo on:
And what operating system you are using:
- Window 7
- Window 10
- iOS 10.3
- iOS 11.0
- El Capitan
- Et cetera