Never Stop Dreaming is a contest in which we ask Deaf youth to tell us what their dream is and why. Convo has always been committed to the future of our community, and no better way to start than with our young Deaf leaders.
Learn more about the history of the contest here.
Meanwhile, you may be wondering how can your teachers and school support your students in this contest? No worries, we've got you!
Some examples of different ways you can help:
- Start with posting and sharing the contest flyer
- Send the parent letter about the contest with students (to be sent soon)
- Post the contest link on your school’s FB page
- Provide support with the development of concepts
- Incorporate time to create the film in the school day
Different ways to include the NSD contest in your school day:
- Develop a short script using the plot of a story
- Concept of storyboard
- Use of classifiers in the film
- Capturing ASL on film
- Use specific film techniques
- Practice and execute the film in an editing program
- If done with other school work, can use resources at school (cameras, laptops) that may not be available at home
- How to work together as a team (only one will go to Deaf Film Camp)
- Managing a timeline
- How to ask others to be a part of your project